The Maryland Horse Foundation is seeking a dynamic director of development and programming to fulfill a variety of duties on a full-time basis at the Reisterstown, Maryland office in Baltimore County. Duties will be focused on fundraising for the Maryland Horse Foundation, and programming for the Maryland Horse Library & Education Center.
Maryland Horse Foundation
The Maryland Horse Foundation (MHF) was chartered in 1988 by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association to serve various educational and charitable needs of the Maryland Horse industry. The Maryland Horse Foundation (MHF) is a 501c3 organization that supports public outreach and educational programs, and oversees the maintenance of MarylandHorse.com in addition to maintaining a social media presence. Additionally, the MHF is responsible for the operation of the Maryland Horse Library & Education Center and, one of the anchor sites of the Maryland Horse Park System. We are proud to work directly with several industry partners in our endeavors to promote the Maryland Horse industry.
Maryland Horse Library & Education Center
The Maryland Horse Library & Education Center (MHLEC) functions as an informational resource and meeting/educational space for the equine and agricultural communities, the media, the general public, in addition to community, business and governmental organizations.
Maryland Horse Breeders Association
As a service organization, the MHBA provides industry information, educational opportunities, and legislative representation to its nearly five hundred breeder-owner members, which include Thoroughbred breeders, owners of racehorses, steeplechase and hunt enthusiasts, and others with horse involvement. The MHBA publishes the monthly The Mid-Atlantic Thoroughbred magazine, provides a Weekly digital bulletin and manages many websites and social media accounts. The MHBA and the MHF share many of the same goals so the MHBA staff and the MHF will work closely together.
Job Title & Description
Maryland Horse Foundation – Director of Development & Programming
Work in conjunction with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees to develop and execute both long- and short-term plans for the advancement of the MHF. Raise funds, manage donors, develop, and execute programs.
- Oversee all board and committee activities including meeting packets, minutes, etc.
- Develop and coordinate new and recurring educational programs at MHLEC
- Coordinate schedule of available meeting space in MHLEC
- Fundraising to support new and recurring programs
- Record donations and maintain a donor information database
- Research and pursue grant opportunities
- Manage and grow long-term giving strategies and donors
- Execute short term and long-term plans with the executive director and Board of Trustees
Qualifications & Benefits
An appropriate candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Experience in nonprofit management, donor development, and fundraising required
- Strong leadership skills and a demonstrated history of taking initiative required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business management or a relevant field preferred
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the horse industry
- Must be proficient with Microsoft and Google platforms
The selected candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health and dental plan
- Paid vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, flextime
- Retirement plan
Send resume, cover letter and questions to email@example.com.