CAMPAIGN UPDATE - Jan 14, 2019
Thanks to your generosity, we managed to surpass our short-term 2018 fundraising goal ($10,000) by $1,150. As of today, the campaign total sits at just over $13,150 - nearly half way to our total goal of $30,000 by Oct 31, 2019!
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAMS YOU ARE SUPPORTING HERE and read about how you can help below.
October 2018 marks the 30th anniversary of the Maryland Horse Industry Foundation. We have a lot to celebrate, so we decided to kick off the party a few months early and keep it going all year! Being a nonprofit - by party, we mean fundraising campaign. Between now (July 2018) and Oct. 2019, we plan to raise an extra $30,000 to support our growing menu of educational programs.
How can you help?
• Donate online or mail a check. Checks should be made payable to MHIF and mailed to P.O. Box 427, Timonium, Md 21094. Please note 30 for 30 on the memo line.
• Donate an item to the Maryland Million Gala Auction (proceeds benefit the MHIF). Net revenue from the auction over $25,000 will count towards the 30 for 30 Campaign.
Your generosity will allow us to enhance current programs and start new ones.
• Maryland Thoroughbred Career Program – Six-day program that gives youth that are serious about the industry the opportunity to survey the wide range of career opportunities. Upon completion, participants are eligible for $2,000 in Career Develoment Funds to go towards tuition, future educational programs, business development expenses, etc.
• Work Experience Program - Providing qualified applicants with the opportunity to gain work experience in the field of their choice. Hours worked by the participants work are funded by the MHIF, so that host sites can provide an engaging and educational experience with no financial burden.
• 4-H Horse Program Tours – Working with the University of Maryland Extension 4-H Horse Program to expose youth from across the state to the Thoroughbred industry.
• Egg Hunt on the Farm – Family-friendly outreach event that brings the public to a Thoroughbred farm in the region. A great way to fill the pipeline for our other programs!
• Maryland Horse Career Day - Bringing together the employers and potential employees from across the Maryland horse industry. The day would also include educational seminars.
• Scholarships – Helping college students that are working towards a career in the Thoroughbred industry lessen the burden of student loan debt.